Beyond the Dinner Reservation: Romantic & Fun Date Night Ideas
There are few things we love more than a delicious meal in great company, but sometimes it's nice to mix things up and do something a little (or a lot!) different. In honor of Valentine’s Day, perhaps this weekend would be a great time to give one of our ideas a whirl. You can always have a back-up plan…yes, a reservation.
- Take a class together – From cooking to photography to even wine or beer tasting, it is fun to take the time to learn something together. And for new parents or if you have moved to a new town, it’s a great way to meet some new friends! You never know, you might discover a hidden talent that you never knew you had.
- Work out – Take a class. Go for a jog. Practice yoga. Maybe even grab your bikes and go for a spin. A recent study conducted by Sackett-Fox and colleagues, found that individuals who work out together with their romantic partner experience better mood during exercise, better mood during the day, and higher levels of relationship satisfaction.
- Stay in and let the sitter take them out – This is one of our favorites! Don your comfiest clothing, which we are assuming is your favorite House Dress, and cuddle up on the couch doing absolutely nothing. Perhaps rent that movie that is too scary for the kids and really jump into one another’s arms!
- Be a Tourist in Your Own Town – Do “that” thing that you always tell people to do when they visit, but you actually have never done yourself. Whether it may be the Statue of Liberty, The Rodeo or perhaps walking the Golden Gate Bridge, take time together to enjoy your home state’s signature tourist attraction.
- Play a Game – Mini Golf, Bowling, even Hatchet Throwing – channel your inner child and challenge your partner to a game or two. Make this date night idea for married couples more interesting by placing a fun wager on the game.
- Volunteer Together - Spend some time giving back to the community together. There are plenty of local charities to volunteer your time to, from animal shelters to soup kitchens to mutual aid groups.
- Go to a Drive-In - Kick it old school and catch the latest movie release at a drive-in theater. Watch it from the comfort and privacy of your front seat or back seat;). Or for a classier vibe, go to the oldest movie theatre in town and take in the ambiance, as well as the show.
- Star Gazing - Get a book on constellations, aim your telescope at the stars see how many you can pick out. Prefer a more professional venue? Visit a planetarium. A perfect excuse to snuggle up in the dark.
Looking for more date night ideas? Head on over to our Pinterest page. We’d love to know...What’s your favorite date night?
Leave a comment