Parenting hacks come and parenting hacks go, but breakfast-for-dinner is always a good move! One night Parker casually dropped her knowledge that "apples that are cooked are basically dessert" and had the bright idea to add them to our favorite pancake / waffle mix. They were so delicious that we've made them three times since just in the past few weeks! Keep reading for the full recipe!
Apple Cinnamon Waffles Recipe
- 1 apple, roughly chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Birch Benders pancake mix (we love all of them, but especially the Buttermilk!)
- Add butter to a pan over medium heat and allow to melt.
- Once melted, add apples and cinnamon. Mix well and reduce heat to low.
- Allow apples to simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix pancake mix with water as directed on the packaging until well combined.
- Remove apples from heat and combine with pancake mix. (Option to set some cooked apples aside for garnish!)
- Make pancakes as directed... enjoy while warm!
Photography by Katie Jameson